The sponsorship program was in collaboration with Save the Children Fund, United
Kingdom. Through this program 2000 children were sponsored for their health
and education needs. These children were selected from very deprived and backward
families, and were from greater Kolkata as well as from the remote districts of
West Bengal, like Purulia, Nadia, Bankura, Jayrambati and Midnapore.
• At present 30 children are being sponsored by Asha for Education, U.K.
• 20 are being sponsored by Hope Kolkata Foundation
• 22 young adults are sponsored by Mennonite Central Committee
• 62 by Action Aid, Australia, and
• 49 are being sponsored by Divya Chachya Trust, Kolkata.